Creamy Rosé Pasta is a simple pasta dish that is great and an easy weeknight meal at home or for celebrating a special occasion.
The pasta sauce is so simple to make. It starts off by soaking some raw cashews. The cashews create a creamy pasta sauce without adding any dairy! After the cashews have soaked, they get blended with some vegetable broth. By using broth instead of water, it adds a lot more flavor to the sauce.
Rosé wine is perfect for a creamy pasta sauce. Even though the wine cooks down, you are still able to taste the notes of the rosé wine.
This Creamy Rosé Pasta recipe has become a family favorite. It is easy to make and doesn’t require tons of ingredients. I love how versatile this pasta recipe can be. It is simple enough for a weeknight dinner, and elegant enough for serving guests.
Add the a little extra to the pasta, by topping the finished dish with fresh herbs and pine nuts. The pine nuts add a really nice buttery flavor to the pasta.
PREP TIME: 2 hours
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 1 12 ounce pasta
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Cup Rosé Wine
- 1/2 Cup Pasta Cooking Water
- Salt and Pepper
FOR GARNISH, OPTIONAL:
- Chopped Parsley
- Toasted Pine Nuts
- Soak the cashews for 2-4 hours.
- Drain the cashews and add to a blender. Add the vegetable broth and blend until smooth. Set aside until needed.
- Cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a large, deep sided skillet add olive oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion for 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, and thyme. Stir to evenly mix the tomato paste with the onions.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the Rosé wine and deglaze the pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes, just until the wine has reduced by half.
- Pour in the reserved cashew cream; stir. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, drain and add to the sauce.
- Toss, making sure to coat all the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve immediately with the garnishes if using.