These Pumpkin and Spinach Lasagna Rolls are a quick and easy way to enjoy the comfort of lasagna. Packed with veggies, they are a great fall meal!
This means we’ve officially made the crossover from summer to fall. So, let’s start breaking out some serious comfort food. These lasagna rolls are the perfect solution!
PUMPKIN AND SPINACH LASAGNA ROLLS
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed into a dish towel
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until softened about 5 minutes. Add pumpkin and chicken stock, stir everything together, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, season with salt & pepper, and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, ½ cup Parmesan, and egg. Season with salt & pepper and stir until well combined.
- Spread about ½ cup of the pumpkin sauce in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta mixture along each lasagna noodle. Starting at one end, roll the ricotta-covered noodles up. Place rolls into the baking dish.
- Cover rolls with remaining pumpkin sauce, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.